Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Light of the World" Christmas Meeting

The evening of December 15th our Relief Society held
a beautiful, enriching, and inspirational Christmas meeting. The mood was set by
lovely Christmas decor, music, and readings. Thank you to our RS committee, as
well as the sisters who read the selected readings. We were also grateful to Deb
for the beautiful background guitar music, and to Marlene for singing so
exquisitely, "O Holy Night."
After the program, we had a relaxed opportunity for visiting and
each sister went home with a handmade teacup candle with scriptures attached:
"Then spake Jesus saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me
shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life....It shall come to
pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on
my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face
and know that I am; and that I am the true light that lighteth every man that
cometh into the world.... Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto
the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up– that which ye have seen
me do." (John 18:12; D&C 93:1-2; 3 Nephi 18:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment