Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Presidency Message

My testimony of the gospel is one of my greatest blessings. Knowing God’s plan for me and for all of His children brings peace to my life. The blessings that accompany membership in His church are incredible. Naturally I want my loved ones and friends to have these blessings and the amazing companionship of the Holy Ghost.

I have sometimes felt discouraged in my efforts to share the gospel. Recently I have been praying to have opportunity to share the gospel and to know the words to say when those opportunities arise. In the past few weeks, my prayers have been answered, and opportunities have come to me without my having to seek them out. Christ’s promise in 3 Nephi 18:20 became more relevant to me as I reflected on this experience: "And whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, which is right, believing that ye shall receive, behold it shall be given unto you."

Whether it be sharing the gospel or any other gospel principle, when we pray for assistance, I know the Lord will help us to live the gospel as fully as we can. He loves us and wants us to succeed. We are not perfect beings, "but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26).

-Janee

No comments:

Post a Comment