Sisters, our visiting teaching message this month encourages us to strengthen our faith in God the Father and Jesus Christ through personal scripture study. Blessings come in our lives and the lives of others as we faithfully read each day and allow time to ponder and receive personal revelation.
In addition to the scriptures, another powerful resource we are blessed with is the Ensign (magazine). The Ensign has always inspired me in someway as I’ve chosen articles here and there to read. However, in recent months I’ve realized the importance to read the entire issue cover to cover. Something is always there to assist me in my life. What has amazed me most is, the direction has come from articles I wouldn’t have chosen if I randomly picked an article or two to read for myself. This makes me think back to all those articles I missed through the years.
Each of us has felt the love of the scriptures and the guidance given as we are faithful in our studies. I would like to encourage each of us to do the best we can, in addition to our scriptures, to pick up and read the Ensign. It truly is a powerful resource. Witness how it can bless and guide you in your life.
An example of this from this month's Ensign (available online): Nephi's Story, My Story, page 26:
"Nephi and his brothers had been given a difficult task." It took several tries, none of which was easy. But it was worth persistent effort. As a result of having the scriptures, Nephi would prevent his family from 'dwindl(ing) and perish(ing) in unbelief' (1 Nephi 4:13)
Andrea
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment