Dear Sisters,
Happy New Year! I hope you know how much the Relief Society Presidency cares for each of you as individuals and prays for all good things to come to you. May this be a year of much happiness for you.
As I was pondering what I could relate that would be of some benefit to you, I read in the Ensign the January 2010 First Presidency Message from President Uchtdorf. It was so inspiring that I would like to share some parts of it with you.
He says, “If ever you are tempted to become discouraged or to lose faith…Hold on a little longer. You can do this! You are part of a special generation. You were prepared and preserved to live at this important time in the existence of our beautiful planet earth.”
“It may be hard to see that at times, but hold on a little longer, for “eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” and wait for Him ( 1 Corinthians 2:9; see also D&C 76:10; 133:45).
“…hold on a little longer—even when things look bleak. Know and remember this: the Lord loves you. He remembers you. And He will ever sustain those who “endure in faith to the end” ( D&C 20:25).
What a great message for us all as we go through the joys and trials of life! Best wishes for a great new year to you all.
Love,
Tamara Selee, RS 1st Counselor
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment